Fall weekends in our part of Germany are usually full of festivals with a large part of the celebrating focusing on the grape harvest for the numerous vineyards in the area. Usually this means that there are plenty of opportunities to try the various “new wines” that have recently been created. We attended one such festival in a small town nearby where there was a half-mile-long flea market, soccer match, a parade and lots of places to try Southern German culinary delights. We sampled some Schwarzwaldschinken: Black Forest ham, Kartoffelsalat: German potato salad, Flammkuchen: a popular bacon/onion pizza that’s popular here, and we topped it all off with a yummy pineapple cream cake that I don’t know the name of! Germans really know how to eat. ☺Saturday, November 8, 2008
Autumn Celebrations
Fall weekends in our part of Germany are usually full of festivals with a large part of the celebrating focusing on the grape harvest for the numerous vineyards in the area. Usually this means that there are plenty of opportunities to try the various “new wines” that have recently been created. We attended one such festival in a small town nearby where there was a half-mile-long flea market, soccer match, a parade and lots of places to try Southern German culinary delights. We sampled some Schwarzwaldschinken: Black Forest ham, Kartoffelsalat: German potato salad, Flammkuchen: a popular bacon/onion pizza that’s popular here, and we topped it all off with a yummy pineapple cream cake that I don’t know the name of! Germans really know how to eat. ☺
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's not the "weird, exotic" German food that I always think of. :o) I'd eat that here in Kansas too, especially the pizza!
I like how you wrote: a POPULAR bacon/onion pizza that's POPULAR here.
haha :)
Hey whats your email address... I need to use you. You can email it to me at courtney.elin@gmail.com :)
hope you're well!!
Post a Comment